Performing in a vast range of demanding industrial applications
With high impact resistance, Duraplus™ ABS Industrial systems offer great performance for low-temperature applications, being suitable for use in temperatures as low as -40ºF.
The Duraplus™ ABS Industrial Piping System offers a complete range of ABS pressure pipes, valves, and fittings that are ideal for demanding applications ranging from abrasive slurries and separation reagents to caustic processes and low-temperature glycol systems. Used in industrial applications such as:
- ABS Industrial Piping Systems used for Refrigeration Control Systems
- Aquarium Piping Systems Metals and Mining
- Offshore and marine
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
features & benefits
- Exceptional impact resistance even at low temperatures
- Strong Corrosion, abrasion chemical resistance
- Simple, reliable solvent weld joining method
- Wide range of pressure and temperature capabilities
- Low-hydraulic resistance
The specification section covers the details you need for your projects.
- IPS sizes ranging from 1/2″ to 10″ nominal diameter
- Suitable for pressures up to 230 psi at 73°F (23°C) (depending on the size)
- Class C: 145 psi from 1″ to 8″
- Class E: 230 psi from 1/2″ to 4″
- Class T: 180 psi from 1/2″ to 2″
Pipe and fittings shall be manufactured from a copolymeric material – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) – conforming to a 43232 cell classification in accordance with ASTM D3965.
Material for both pipe and fittings shall have a design stress of not less than 2,000 psi, and shall be designed with a 2 to 1 safety factor for a 50-year lifespan when operated under continuous pressure. The material shall have an Izod impact resistance value of not less than 6 ft./lb. at 73oF and 3 ft./lb. at -22oF, when tested in accordance with ASTM D256, method ‘A’.
Pipes shall be manufactured by IPEX and designed on a Standard Dimension Ratio (SDR) basis to give various pressure ratings.
Fittings shall be of the socket type, designed for solvent-welding as supplied by IPEX.
Fittings shall be designed and manufactured so that they withstand the continuous pressures, applicable to the maximum pressure native to the pipe.
All joints shall be made with Gray Duraplus™ ABS solvent cement as supplied by IPEX.
The solvent cement shall be designed to withstand continuously applied pressures up to 230 psi