Lightweight, flexibility, durability & exceptional corrosion resistance
IPEX Clear-GuardTM High-Pressure Clear PVC pipe provides a cost-effective multipurpose solution for many different piping applications.
With IPEX’s high-pressure clear PVC pipe you can specify Schedule 40 clear pipe for applications where previously only Schedule 80 clear pipe would suffice. Our high-pressure formulation, with a long-term hydrostatic design basis of 3,150 psi allows for better clarity and more versatility for various applications such as:
- Dual containment, site glass, and clean room
- Chlor-Alkali processing
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
features & benefits
- A high-pressure compound allows you to use thinner wall pipe for better clarity
- 360° visibility for indoor applications
- The material type is compatible with Xirtec® PVC pipe, fittings and valves, and can be joined into existing PVC systems using the appropriate solvent cement joining process
The specification section covers the details you need for your projects.
- Sizes range from 1/2″ to 8″ Schedule 40 pipe
- Standard 10-foot lengths
- 20-foot lengths available by special order
Rigid PVC (polyvinyl chloride) used in the manufacturing of Clear-Guard™ schedule 40 High-Pressure Pipe complies with the material requirements of ASTM D1784 (formerly Type 1, Grade 1) and has a cell classification of 15334 and a Hydrostatic Design Basis (HDB) of 3150 psi. The compound is listed with NSF for potable water service.
Clear-Guard™ schedule 40 High-Pressure Clear PVC Pipe shall meet the requirements of ASTM D1785.
Clear-Guard™ PVC Schedule 40 pipe is marked as prescribed in ASTM D1785. The marking includes the following: IPEX; Clear-Guard™ IPS PVC and the Schedule and Pressure Rating at 73°F (23ºC); ASTM D1785; and NSF 61.