Backwater Valves & Speciality Plumbing Products
Purpose-Built Products Designed for Any Project Need
Available in ABS and PVC, IPEX Backwater Valves offer simple and effective protection against backflow of sewage and storm water into homes and businesses. The Straight-Fit™ valve body design has minimal slope, making it ideal for new installations and retrofits.
Backwater Valves are part of our complete system of pipe, valves, fittings and specialty plumbing products for drainage and waste applications.
Our ABS and PVC specialty products are engineered for unique installations and are offered in a range of sizes and configurations. Systems include expansion joints that compensate for expansion and contraction due to temperature changes, settling of buildings or shrinkage in wood frame building structures.
Expansion joints available in PVC or ABS compensate for expansion and contraction of the system due to temperature changes, building settling or shrinkage in log building structures.
- High chemical resistance to acids, alkalis, alcohols, halogens, and other corrosive media
- Service temperature rated at (140F) for PVC and 180F for ABS
- Approved for Vertical DWV or vent Installations
- Available in 3” and 8” travel options.
- Expansion joints and termination screens
- Flash/specialty fittings
- Specialty closet flanges/repair kits
- Vent pipe caps and air admittance valves
- PVC DWV specialty closet flanges
- Urinal flanges and specialty fittings
- PVC and DWV drains, clean out pipes/plugs and grades
- PVC flame and smoke rated drains/roof drains
- Roof pipe flashings
Fully Compliant With Codes & Standards
- All PVC Backwater Valves are third party certified to NSF 14 and manufactured using PVC material with a minimum cell classification of 12454 when tested in accordance with ASTM D1784. In applicable configurations by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), backwater valves shall meet the requirements of the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC).
- ABS Backwater Valves are manufactured using ABS material with a minimum cell classification of 42222 when tested in accordance with ASTM D3965. In applicable configurations by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), backwater valves meet the requirements of the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC).
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride) used in the manufacturing of PVC specialty fittings comply with the material requirements of ASTM D1784 (formerly Type 1, Grade 1) and have a cell classification of 12454.
- ABS compounds used in the manufacturing of ABS specialty fittings comply with material requirements of ASTM D3965.
Learn more about our Backwater Valves and Specialty Plumbing Products
Our resources section covers everything you need to know about our Backwater Valves and Specialty Plumbing Products. Take a look at our most popular resources below:
PVC and ABS
Backwater Valve: 1-1/2 – 6″ (40 – 150 mm)
Backwater Valve with 16″ access sleeve and lid: 2 – 4″ (50 – 100 mm)
Sewer OD and Schedule 40 DWV dimensions
Meets UPC requirements in applicable configurations by IAPMO
Backflow Prevention (sewer, stormwater, etc.)