Composite Water Service Tubing Combining the Benefits of Metal and Plastic
Manufactured by IPEX to AWWA C903-02, Q-Line® is the only water service tubing in North America that delivers the strength of metal, the flexibility of soft copper, and the durability of thermoplastic. And because it eliminates the shortcomings of traditional piping materials, Q-Line® is superior to them all.
A High-Performance Tube System
- A composite pipe constructed of flexible aluminum tubing permanently bonded between inner and outer layers of raised temperature polyethylene (PE-RT), Q-Line®’s unique structure offers optimum strength and toughness in a lightweight, easily handled and installed water service tubing
- Q-Line®’s high pressure and temperature ratings ensure water service line integrity under the toughest operating conditions and protect against the effects of any backup of hot water from the building into the water supply system
- With larger inside diameters than CTS polyethylene piping and a super-smooth interior wall that does not permit build-up of calcium or other minerals, Q-Line® offers the best flow rates in the industry
- Simply roll Q-Line® tubing down the trench and it stays where it’s laid (unlike plain polyethylene). Goosenecks and bends can easily be made just like copper, and Q-Line® keeps its shape
Superior Service Life
Q-Line® water service tubing is manufactured to AWWA C903, ASTM F1282 and CSA B137.9, and meets NSF-PW potable water requirements as well as the requirements of the following national codes
- National Plumbing Code of Canada
- Uniform Plumbing Code
- International Plumbing Code
- International Residential Code
- National Standard Plumbing Code
- SBCCI Standard Plumbing Code
Water service tubing shall be composite PE-AL-PE tubing manufactured in accordance with the requirements of AWWA C903 and certified to CSA B137.9 and ASTM F1282. It shall have a long term pressure rating of 1380kPa at 23ºC (200 psi at 73ºF) and 690kPa at 82ºC (100 psi at 180ºF).
The pipe shall be third-party tested and certified to comply with NSF-PW potable water and NSF CL-TD chlorine resistance requirements. The service tubing shall be colour coded light blue as manufactured by IPEX under the trade name “Q-Line” or approved equal.
Fittings for composite PE-AL-PE tubing shall be brass water service fittings conforming to AWWA C800.
Composite pipe constructed of flexible aluminum tubing permanently bonded between inner and outer layers of polyethylene (PE-AL-PE)
3/4″ – 1 ” (20 – 25 mm)
200 psi @ 73.4ºF (1380 kPa @ 23ºC)
100 psi @ 180ºF (690 kPa @ 82ºC)
CSA B137.9 certified
NSF Std. 14 certified
NSF Std. 61 certified
Municipal Water Service