High Strength PVC Pipe for Tough North American Climates
CycleTough® PVC piping systems are specifically designed for irrigation systems and sewer force mains. The constant cyclic surging that is associated with these applications demands a tough pipe and a specially engineered fitting.
Unlike other fittings, CycleTough® fittings are made with a long-life compound that extends service by 25%. In addition, CycleTough® fittings have been engineered using the latest techniques in Finite Element Analysis (FEA), ensuring low-maintenance performance for the long haul.
Engineered for Versatility and Reliability
- IPEX CycleTough® high-strength PVC pipe and fittings are made with the same high-impact, engineered compound as our Blue Brute® systems, and tested to maintain the same high standards
- CycleTough® systems have a 2:1 safety factor for long-term pressures, and over 3.2:1 for temporary surges. Their unique design features extra material added for reinforcement to withstand the stresses imposed by tough irrigation and force main applications
- CycleTough® systems are made with an IPSOD, which is the same outside diameter configuration as schedule piping and most steel process piping
- IPEX’s patented gasket system not only withstands the rated system pressure, but also withstands full vacuum pressures. The removable gasket system allows special oil-resistant (nitrile) gaskets to be easily installed when working in contaminated soils
All CycleTough® systems are certified to CSA B137.2, ASTM D224, and NSF. Their versatility means they can be used for many applications, including potable water piping, sewer force mains, reclaimed water piping. golf course irrigation piping. Industrial piping and more.
Learn more about CycleTough® PVC Series Pipe and Fittings (IPSOD)
Our resources section covers everything you need to know about CycleTough®. Take a look at our most popular resources below
- Cycle Tough® Piping Systems Bulletin
- Municipal Product Catalogue
- Pressure Piping Systems Technical Manual
IPSOD PVC pipe shall be manufactured from PVC compound with ASTM D1784 cell class 12454B.
PVC pipe will have a minimum hydrostatic design basis (HDB) of 4000 psi and a short-term strength of 6400 psi. Pipe shall be certified to CSA B137.3.
Injection-moulded PVC fittings shall be made from PVC compound with a minimum HDB of 4000 psi. Fabricated fittings shall be made from sections of pipe certified to CSA B137.3 and fittings shall also be certified to CSA B137.3. All pipes and fittings shall be listed to NSF Standard 61 and shall be colour-coded white.
PVC pipe with iron pipe size outside diameter (IPSOD)
SDR41, PC 100 psi (690 kPa): 4 – 24″” (100 – 600 mm)
SDR32.5, PC 125 psi (860 kPa): 3 – 24″” (75 – 600 mm)
SDR26, PC 160 psi (1100 kPa): 1-1/2 – 24″” (40 – 600 mm)
SDR21, PC 200 psi (1380 kPa): 1-1/2 – 24″” (40 – 600 mm)
Potable Water Piping
Sewer Force Mains
Reclaimed Water Piping
Golf Course Irrigation Piping
Other Irrigation Piping
(40 mm – 600 mm), CSA B137.3,
Injection Molded Fittings
(40 mm – 200 mm), CSA B137.2,