Custom-designed & fabricated systems
Include a variety of different material choices from thermoplastic to thermosets to metals depending on application and performance specifications.
For applications whose mechanical, chemical, or thermal requirements cannot be met by one of our off-the-shelf solutions, our double containment specialists will build a unique system to meet your performance specifications. The CustomGuard® option includes material selection, design, and specification support. Systems are used in applications such as:
- Plant chemical distribution lines
- Water and wastewater
- Acid systems for refineries, pickling lines, and plating shops
- Battery manufacturing
- Semiconductor & Generator back-up
- Hazardous waste systems
features & benefits
- Cost-effective custom solutions
- Fabrication of preassembled pieces to minimize install time and field joints
- Backed by 25+ years of experience in developing a variety of product-specific designs resulting in cost-effective custom solutions
- Every CustomGuard® system comes with the advantage of an unmatched range of support services
The specification section covers the details you need for your project.
- Available in 1/2”-20” carrier and 2”-26” containment sizes
Carbon and stainless steel, copper, fiberglass (polyester and vinyl ester resins), PVDF, PP, and dissimilar materials, are all available in CustomGuard® custom-designed and fabricated systems. This comprehensive offering, unmatched by any one company, gives IPEX the unique ability to examine just about any double containment requirement and truly offer the best-suited, most cost-effective system. While other manufacturers have vested interests in recommending their one and only material/system, IPEX isn’t confined by that limitation.
Drawing on more than 15 years of experience in double containment, IPEX has developed a variety of product-specific designs to maximize efficiency and reduce installation costs. As with all our containment systems, our own patented Centra-Guard™ point-of-collection or cable leak detection systems are also available.
Interstitial supporting devices shall be made from Polypropylene Centra-Guide supports and shall be provided within the secondary containment pipe and shall be designed to allow continuous drainage in the annular space to the drain points. Drain fittings shall be designed to allow a valve attachment to be made so that the secondary containment compartment may be readily drained and manually checked for leaks.