High-pressure clear PVC pipe
IPEX Clear-Guard™ PVC pipe provides visibility on system contents, useful for double containment and leak detection. A clear containment system allows for easy detection of leaks and eliminates the risks associated with piping aggressive chemicals overhead.
With IPEX’s high-pressure clear PVC pipe you can specify Schedule 40 clear pipe for applications where previously only Schedule 80 clear pipe would suffice. With a hydrostatic design basis of 3,150 psi, our high-pressure formulation provides pressure ratings significantly higher than the competition. High-pressure clear PVC is suitable for various applications such as:
- Plant chemical distribution lines
- Double containment, clean rooms, and site glass applications
- Chlor-Alkali processing
- Metals & Mining
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
FEATUREs & BENEFITS
- Cost-effective multipurpose solution
- Good visibility
- High-pressure material allows for the use of schedule 40 in place of schedule 80
- Certified to NSF-61
- Pressure and Vacuum service
- Fittings are available in clear or opaque
The specification section covers the details you need for your project.
Rigid PVC (polyvinyl chloride) used in the manufacturing of Clear-Guard™ schedule 40 High-Pressure Pipe complies with the material requirements of ASTM D1784 (formerly Type 1, Grade 1) and has a cell classification of 15334 and a Hydrostatic Design Basis (HDB) of 3150 psi. The compound is listed with NSF for potable water service.
- Sizes range from 1/2″ to 8″ Schedule 40 pipe
- Standard 10-foot lengths
- 20-foot lengths available by special order
Clear-Guard™ schedule 40 High-Pressure Pipe shall meet the requirements of ASTM D1785.
Clear-Guard™ PVC Schedule 40 pipe is marked as prescribed in ASTM D1785.
The marking includes the following: IPEX; Clear-Guard™; IPS PVC.
The Schedule and Pressure Rating is at 73°F (23oC); ASTM D1785; and NSF 61.