Double containment leak detection system
Centra-Guard™ is a patented, fail-safe electronic low point leak detection system that offers versatility, customization, and lower material, installation, and maintenance costs than the traditional cable leak detection system.
IPEX double containment systems can be supplied with our patented Centra-Guard™ leak detection system, providing an advanced, fail-safe, fully automated, reliable, cost-effective solution that offers the ultimate protection against environmental/personnel/property damage and the high cost of cleanup, not to mention lost production. Commonly used in applications such as:
- Above-ground suspended pipeline applications with sensors housed in a saddle-type clamp
- Underground pipeline systems with drip leg assembly
- Suspended piping applications
- Chemical process piping in Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment
- Condensate and stormwater pipe in Server rooms
- Chemical drainage pipes in pharmaceutical and food production
features & benefits
- Continuous monitoring with an LCD screen that reads system status and reports alarms
- Available for both above-ground and below-ground applications
- Direct communication with plant control systems
- Fail-safe design reports alarm, short, or break
The specification section covers the details you need for your projects.
- Double contained piping system is designed with leak detection zones
- Leak detection zones are essentially a drip leg in the containment piping
- Zone quantity and location can be optimized to minimize cost and maximize precision
- Each zone is monitored by a sensor that raises the alarm to warn operators that a leak has been detected
The IPEX Centra-Guard™ leak detection system will identify the type of alarm (i.e. leak or cable break), zone, and time and record it in nonvolatile memory and relay the signal to a plant control system. This allows operators to rectify the situation quickly. Centra-Guard™ is the only non-intrusive leak detection system available on the market today. The sensor never comes in contact with the media.
Provided and installed at each zone is a capacitive sensor station consisting of an external clip-on sensor, drip leg, and drain valve with hose connection and/or riser and sensor extension handle.
Each sensor has a LED testing lamp, and an adjusting potentiometer, and is removable for periodic testing.
Sensors shall not penetrate the containment piping jacket or come into contact with the leaking media.
The control panel shall be housed in a standard NEMA 4X enclosure, operating on 120 VAC and supplying 24 VDC to zone sensors. Optional panel materials are available.
The panel has an LCD display continuously showing system operating conditions and HMI or OITbuttons to allow authorized personnel to scroll through history, status, and test screens as well as alarm acknowledgment. It has a power indicator light, keyed on/off switch, keyed alarm silence switch, and common audible and visual alarm.
The LCD display shall indicate the date, time, zone, and type of alarm (break/short, sensor malfunction, or leak) and store data in non-volatile memory.
An external output switch for accessory alarms and an Ethernet communication port are included.